Alaska Workers Compensation
We help Alaska business owners find more affordable workers' compensation coverage.
Alaska Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in Alaska.
AK Workers' Compensation RatesFind your state work comp rates and class codes for Alaska.
Alaska Workers Comp FormsView and complete AK workmen's comp forms and applications.
AK Workers' Compensation InformationFind more information about Alaska work comp insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow Alaska employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Lower Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
More Options and More Quotes
With over 35 top rated insurance carriers to quote your work comp coverage, chances are we've got the lowest rates in the industry. For almost every workers compensation class code in Alaska we can find the most complete coverage at the lowest rates around.
Quote Alaska Workers Compensation With Us
Alaska has some of the most expensive workers compensation rates in the country. As of 2018, on average employers pay 45 percent more than the national average. This is down 15 percent since 2012. Don't pay too much for your coverage. Now is the time to speak with an expert about all the ways we can help you save on your work comp policy.
Need Help With Alaska Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our AK Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before you buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered.
Faster Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in Alaska. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
Purchasing Workers Comp Insurance in Alaska
2019 Alaska Coverage Requirements
- Companies with 1 or more employees are required by Alaskan State Law to carry workers' compensation coverage.
- Sole Proprietors, Partners and LLC Members are excluded from coverage, but may elect to be covered.
- Corporate Officers are included in coverage, but can elect to be exempt.
- There are a few exceptions to the workers' compensation requirement which include: Officers of a non-profit corporation, part-time babysitters, non-commercial cleaners, sports officials for amateur events, contract entertainers and commercial fisherman just to name a few.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors, Partners and LLC Members who include themselves on workers compensation coverage must use a payroll amount of $34,600 for rating purposes (Last updated by the state of Alaska on as of 1/1/2019).
- Corporate Officers who are included for coverage must utilize a minimum payroll of $500 per week ($26,000 Annual) and a maximum of $2,000 per week ($104,000 Annual) for the purpose of rating workers comp premium. (Accurate as of 8/1/2019, last changed by the state on 1/1/2019)