Workers Comp for Trucking Companies
See if you qualify for more affordable insurance for truckers and trucking companies.
Learn more about our Target Trucking Workers Comp Insurance Programs.
Trucking workers compensation coverage can be hard to find and expensive in many states. Over the past few years, a lot of national insurance companies have quit quoting coverage for long-haul trucking and limited their appetitie for short-haul truckers. Other regional carries can't provide the coverage required when traveling into other states. That's why we've worked with our carrirs to design affordable target programs for most trucking operations.
Have an Agent Contact Me
Workers Compensation for Truckers
Industry Classes Included in our Trucking and Transportation Programs
- Class Codes
- Brief Business Description of Truck Operations we Cover
- Short Haul Trucking. This class is used for local haulers who transport general merchandise less than 200 miles from their business location or residence. This code also applies to sand and gravel haulers, towing companies, as well as dump truck operators.
- Long Haul Trucking. This classification applies to operators than haul general merchandise greater than 200 miles from their principal location. May inlcude automobile hauling
- Mail and Package Deliver and Courier Services. The applicable code for companies that deliver and/or pick up non-owneed packages and messages on a local basis.
- Trucking- Package and Parcel Delivlery. This class is utilized for trucking companies that deliver merchandise from retail stores to customers.
- Commercial Drivers, Chauffers, and Messengers. This class is intendeded for drivers who are not employed by a public transportation service and do not better fit another class code. This may include delivery by bicycle.
- Contract Trucking- U.S. Postal Serevice. Applies to mail, parcel, and package delivery under contract with the U.S. Postal Service.
- Many states have exceptions to the NCCI classification codes. Call our Workman's Comp Specialists for specific details about your state rules.
Our Top Carriers for Truckers Insurance Coverage
Birkshire Hathaway currently offers short haul programs for towing, dump trucks and delivery under 200 miles.
Short Haul Trucking
Long Haul Trucking