Michigan Workers Compensation
We help Michigan business owners find more affordable workers' compensation quotes.
Michigan Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in Michigan.
MI Workers Comp RatesFind your state workers compensation rates and class codes for Michigan.
Michigan Workers Comp FormsView and complete MI workers compensation forms and applications.
MI Workers Comp InformationFind more information about Michigan workers compensation insurance.
Get Started Here !
No Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow Michigan employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Easy Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
As a national agency specializing in the unique needs of workers compensation, we've leveraged our insurance company relationships to design cutting-edge programs and solutions for target industries in Michigan.
Quote Michigan Workers Compensation With Us
Get a Free Policy Review
Time is money. And we know business owners have a lot on their plate to get done. Our Michigan work comp Specialists are waiting to review you coverage quickly and thoroughly to ensure you are getter the lowest rates possible for your company's workers compensation insurance.
Need Help With Michigan Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our Michigan Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before your buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered.
Faster Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in Michigan. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Purchasing Workers Comp Insurance in Michigan
2019 Michigan Coverage Requirements
- Employers with 1 or more employees that work 35+ hours a week for 13 weeks a year or longer are required to purchase workers compensation insurance. Companies with 3 or more part-time employees are also required to purchase coverage.
- Sole-Proprietors are not required to cover themselves on workers compensation insurance. There is not a Michigan exclusion form for sole-proprietors.
- Partner are generally included on a workers comp policy. The may elect to be excluded in the same manner as Corporate Officers.
- Officers of a Corporation and LLC Members are generally included under work comp coverage but may elect to be excluded under certain circumstances. An Election or Rejection of Coverage Form (WC-338) must be filed with the state and insurance company.
- Executives may only be excluded if the corporation has 10 or fewer shareholders and executive owns at least 10% of stock.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners who include themselves on workers compensation coverage must use a payroll amount of $20,500 for rating purposes. (As of 01/01/2019).
- Officers and LLC Members who are not excluded from coverage must utilize a minimum payroll of $26,000 and a maximum payroll of $104,000 for the purpose of rating workers comp premium. (As of 01/01/2019).