Shop California Workers' Comp
We help California business owners find affordable workers' compensation coverage.
California Work Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in California.
CA Workers Comp RatesFind your state workers compensation rates and class codes for California.
California Work Comp FormsView and complete CA workers compensation forms and applications.
CA Workers Comp InformationFind more information about California workers compensation insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go workers compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow California employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk today.
More Payments Options
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment plans like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
Easier to Qualify for Coverage
We offer workers compensation quotes from over 35 insurance carriers writing insurance in CA, making us your best option for lower workers compensation rates, and good quotes for tougher workers comp class codes in California.
We Are Your Workers Compensation Champion
Uniquely Positioned to Win Business
At Workers Compensation Shop, we're a little old fashioned. We still believe insurance is a relationship business. Sure, our technology is amazing, but trust is even more important to us. We consult and arm our customers with work comp knowledge. Then we advocate on your behalf to shop coverage for you.
Find Help With California Class Codes
California does not utilize NCCI for managing and developing workers comp rates. Instead, California utilizes its own system and rating bureau: Workers Compensation Rating Bureau of California. Our licensed Specialists can help employers navigate and understand California classification codes and more.
Get Faster Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers comp quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work hard to streamline the quote process, compare your rates, and present your best options as quickly as possible. Get workers' compensation quote options back in 24 hours or less.
Shop 35 Insurance Carriers with Experts
Why go it alone? We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in California. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
Don't Wait for Your California Rates to Increase
How To Buy Workers Comp Insurance in California
2019 California Coverage Information
- California requires all employers to purchase workers comp in the state regardless of the number of employees.
- Sole-Proprietors are not required or automatically included for coverage on a workers comp policy, but they can elect to be included. Owners must be endorsed or excluded on the Acord 130 application.
- Partners are automatically included for coverage and can't elect to be exempt.
- Corporate Officers who are the sole shareholder are excluded from coverage, but they may elect coverage. Officers of other corporations are automatically included for coverage and can't be excluded or exempt.
- All LLC Members who work in the business are included for coverage in California. However, non-working LLC Members are excluded from coverage unless the elect to be covered on the Acord and policy.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors who include themselves on workers compensation coverage must use a minimum payroll amount of $52,000 and a maximum of $133,900 for rating purposes. (As of 01/01/2019)
- Partners, Officers and LLC Members who are not excluded from coverage must utilize a minimum payroll of $52,000 and a maximum of $133,900 for the purpose of rating workers comp premium. (As of 01/01/2018)