Florida Workers Compensation
We help Florida business owners find more affordable workers' compensation coverage.
Florida Work Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in Florida.
FL Workers Comp RatesFind your state workers comp rates and class codes for Florida.
Florida Work Comp FormsView and complete FL workers compensation forms and applications.
FL Workers Comp InformationFind more information about Florida workers comp insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow Florida employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
More Payment Options
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
Florida Comp Specialists
We're a national agency, but Florida is one of our top states for workers comp coverage. That's because we offer dozens of insurance companies that specialize in workers compensation. Their looking to quote your insurance today.
Quote Florida Workers Compensation With Us
Florida Owners and Officers
State regulations regarding owners and officers' ability to include or exclude themselves from coverage can be cumbersome. Rules vary significantly between non-contractor and construction related risks. We'll help you navigate the laws and get the most affordable policy.
Need Help With Florida Class Codes?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our FL Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before your buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered.
Faster Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in Florida. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Purchasing Workers Comp Insurance in Florida
2019 Florida Coverage Requirements
- Non-construction companies with four or more full or part-time employees are required to purchase workers compensation insurance in Florida. All construction related businesses are required to purchase coverage regardless of the number of employees unless the entity is permitted to file an owner exemption.
- Construction related companies are almost always required to have coverage. Sole-proprietors and partners are not allowed to be exempt from workers comp insurance. A corporation or an LLC may exempt up to 3 Officers if each Officer owns a minimum of 10% stock.
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners (non-construction) are not required to cover themselves on workers compensation and are automatically excluded. They can elect to be covered by filing form DWC-251. A Notice of Election Form WC1415 form must be filed with he state and insurance company.
- Corporate Officers (non-construction) can be exempt from coverage if they own stock and hold office on the Board of Directors.
- LLC Members (non-construction) are treated as employees automatically, but they may elect to be exempt from coverage.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners included in coverage are required to utilize a minimum payroll of $47,700 (effective 01-01-2019).
- Executive Officers who are included in coverage must use a minimum payroll of $46,800 and a maximum payroll of $145,600 for premium rating (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 1/1/2019). Officers in the construction industry must use a minimum of $23,400.
- LLC Members minimum payroll requirement is determined by how the LLC is established for tax purposes: sole-proprietor, partnership, or corporation. Contractors will all be treated as a corporation.