North Carolina Workers' Comp
We help NC business owners find more affordable workers' compensation coverage.
North Carolina Work Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in North Carolina.
NC Workers' Compensation RatesFind your state workers compensation rates and common class codes for North Carolina.
North Carolina Workers Comp FormsView and complete NC workers compensation forms and applications.
NC Workers' Compensation InformationGet more information about North Carolina workers compensation insurance.
Get Started Here !
No Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow North Carolina employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Better Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
Exclusive NC Programs
Companies that fit with one of our national programs typically save 15-20% on their workers compensation policies. We offer over 25 programs designed to get you the best price on coverage with minimum effort on your part.
Quote North Carolina Workers' Comp With Us
Qualify for Credits and Discounts in NC
North Carolina is a Competitive Rating state, which means insurance carriers are permitted to offer scheduled premium discounts and policy credits on a workers' compensation quote. At Workers Compensation Shop.com, we work hard to find the carriers willing to compete for your insurance business.
Get Help With North Carolina Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our NC Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before your buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered.
Fast Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Compare Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in North Carolina. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Workers Comp Insurance in North Carolina
2019 North Carolina Coverage Information
- Generally, all employers with 3 or more regular full or part-time employees are required to purchase NC workers compensation coverage. All corporations, even non-profits, are required to buy coverage if they have 3 employees, even if they are not regularly employed.
- Sole-Proprietors, Partners, and LLC Members are automatically excluded from coverage, but they can elect to be included on the insurance policy.
- Corporate Officers are included on every policy unless they specifically exclude themselves on the Acord 130 workers compensation application.
- Owners need to be very diligent with inclusion/exclusion on the Acord application and policy. Carriers will not allow changes during an workers comp audit.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners who include themselves on workers compensation coverage must use an annual payroll amount of $46,900 for rating purposes. (As of 04/01/2019)
- Corporate Officers who are not excluded from workers comp coverage must utilize a minimum payroll of $46,800 up to a maximum annual payroll wage of $93,600 for the purpose of rating workers comp premium. (As of 01/01/2019)