South Dakota Workers Compensation
We help South Dakota employers find affordable workers' compensation coverage.
South Dakota Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in South Dakota.
SD Workers' Compensation RatesFind your state workers comp rates and class codes for South Dakota.
South Dakota Workers Comp FormsView and complete SD work comp forms and applications.
SD Workers' Compensation InformationFind more information about South Dakota workers comp insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow South Dakota employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Lower Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
Shop Work Comp Rates in SD
South Dakota is a file and use state which means carries rates may vary significantly depending on class codes and carrier appetites. We offer a broad range of carriers with low rates for easy and hard-to-place workers comp codes.
Quote South Dakota Workers Compensation With Us
South Dakota Rates
Rates for workers' compensation rates in the state of South Dakota are almost exactly the national average. They have remained stable for the past five years. This is good for employers purchasing workers' compensation coverage, but many business owners do not take full advantage of all the discounts, rebates and programs available to help their business save on workers comp coverage.
Need Help With South Dakota Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our SD Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before you buy coverage. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered and that you get the lowest rates and biggest discounts on your next policy.
Best Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in South Dakota. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Apply for Workers Comp Insurance in South Dakota
2019 South Dakota Coverage Rules
- All employers in the state of South Dakota are required to carry Workers' Compensation Insurance.
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners are excluded from coverage, but they can elect to be covered.
- Corporate Officers and LLC Members are automatically included in coverage, but they may elect to be exempt.
- Some exceptions exist to the mandatory workers comp requirement. Some of those exceptions include: Domestic Servants who work less than 20 hours per week and for less than 6 weeks in any 13 week period, farm or agriculture labor and certain elected officials of the state or any subdivision of government workfare participants.
- An exception exists for independent contractors not in the usual course of the employers trade, business, occupation or profession. Some examples of this would be real estate agents and owner-operators of trucks.
- Jury Duty, holiday pay, vacation pay, and sick pay may be excluded from workers' comp premium calculations if detailed records are kept for payroll.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners who include themselves on workers compensation coverage must use a payroll amount of $40,600 for rating purposes. (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 07/01/2018)
- Officers and LLC Members who are not excluded from coverage must utilize a minimum annual payroll of $41,600 and a maximum payroll of $161,200 for the purpose of rating workers comp premium. (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 07/01/2018)