West Virginia Workers Compensation
We help West Virginia employers purchase affordable workers' compensation coverage.
West Virginia Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in West Virginia.
WV Workers' Compensation RatesFind your state work comp rates and class codes for West Virginia.
West Virginia Workers Comp FormsView and complete WV workers compensation forms and applications.
WV Workers' Compensation InformationFind more information about West Virginia work comp insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow West Virginia employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Lower Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
More Options and More Quotes
With over 35 top rated insurance carriers to quote your coverage, chances are we've got the lowest rates in the industry. For almost every workers compensation class code in WV we can find the most complete coverage at the lowest rates around.
Shop West Virginia Workers Compensation With Us
West Virginia WC Rates
In West Virginia, rates on Workers Comp Insurance are good compared to the rest of the country. As of 2014 they were 26 percent lower than the national average. Still many employers are not taking advantage of all the programs available to help them get the best coverage for their businesses needs.
Need Help With West Virginia Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our WV Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before you buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered.
Fast Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in West Virginia. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Applying for Workers Comp Insurance in West Virginia
2019 West Virginia Coverage Rules
- Most employers are required to carry workers' compensation coverage in the state of West Virginia, with a few exceptions.
- Businesses that are exempt from workers comp coverage include: an employer of fewer than 5 or fewer full-time employees in agricultural services, an employer who is a church, an employer who is engaged in organized professional sports including jockeys and trainers engaged in thoroughbred horse racing and an employer of domestic services
- Sole Proprietors, Partners, Corporate Officers and LLC members are included for coverage, but may elect to be exempt.
- LLC's may elect to exclude from coverage a total of no more than 4 employees as long as those employees are acting in the capacity of a manager, officer or member of the LLC.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole Proprietors and Partners if included for coverage must do so at an annual payroll amount of $42,800 (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 11/1/2018).
- Corporate Officers and LLC Members who are included for coverage must do so at a minimum payroll of $41,600 and a maximum payroll of $171,600 (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 11/1/2018).