Wisconsin Workers Compensation
We help Wisconsin business owners find more affordable workers' compensation coverage.
Wisconsin Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in Wisconsin.
WI Workers' Compensation RatesFind your state work comp rates and class codes for Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Workers Comp FormsView and complete WI workers' compensation forms and applications.
WI Workers' Compensation InformationFind more information about Wisconsin work comp insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow Wisconsin employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Lower Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
WI Work Comp Penalties
Wisconsin aggressively monitors compliance with state workers comp laws. Penalties for employers who fail to purchase coverage include penalties up to twice the premium, business closure and liability for claims and injuries.
Quote Wisconsin Workers Compensation With Us
Wisconsin WC Rates
Rates for Workers' Compensation Insurance in Wisconsin are about average for the entire United States. This makes competition very fierce among carriers. Many agencies carry policies from only a few carriers, but at Workers Compensation Shop.com we shop more than 35 carriers. This allows our agents to get a business the absolute best value in the industry.
Need Help With Wisconsin Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our WI Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before your buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered and we will help find all additional policy credits and premium discounts available for your business.
Fast Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in Wisconsin. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Applying for Workers Comp Insurance in Wisconsin
2019 Wisconsin Coverage Rules
- In Wisconsin, businesses must carry workers comp coverage if they regularly employ more than 3 full or part time employees.
- Sole Proprietors, Partners and LLC Members are excluded from coverage but may elect to be included.
- Corporate Officers are included in coverage but may elect to be exempt under certain circumstances.
- If a closely held company has no more than 2 corporate officers and has no other employees, then a workers' compensation policy is not required. A closely held corporation is one that has less than 10 stockholders.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- If a sole proprietor or partner are included in a workers' compensation policy, then they must use a payroll of $51,688 for premium calculations (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 10/1/2018).
- If a Corporate Officer or a LLC Member is included in coverage, then payroll must be a minimum of $298 per week ($15,496 Annual) and a maximum of $1491 per week ($77,532 Annual) (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last updated by the state on 10/1/2018) .