Workers Comp for Tree Services
Start an online quote for tree trimming and arborist services.
Learn More About Our Tree Service Workers Comp Insurance Programs.
It's not always easy to find workmans comp coverage if your in the tree service or removal business. A lot of insurance companies have opted to exclude this business type from their list of approved classes to quote. That's why we've worked with select partners to develop and tailor programs aimed at providing affordable insurance for tree trimmers and arborists. Give us a call to get better work comp prices for your insurance.
Have an Agent Contact Me
Workers Compensation for Arborists
Industry Classes Included in our Tree Service Programs
- Class Codes
- Brief Business Description of Operations we Cover
- Tree Trimming, Spraying, and Repairing. This is the most common class code used for tree trimmers and arborists. It applies to contractors who use tools and equipment to prune, spray, trim, fumigate, or repair trees. Work performed may include incidental tree removal, chipping, cleanup, and the hauling of limbs and debris. Work can be done at ground level, on ladders, or bucket trucks. Equipment may include shears, saws, pruners, chain saws, guy wires, and spraying equipment.
- Tree Removal and Logging. Applies to companies who remove trees, standing timber, and brush removal using hand or power tools. Applicable when clearing land for residences, power lines, golf courses, etc. May include stump removal.
- Tree Excavation. Similar to above classification. However, when the clearing or removal of trees and brush utilizes mechanical equipment such as bulldozers, hydroaxes, and hi-lifts it is classifies as excavation.
- Landscape Gardening. A common classification associated with tree trimming. Applies to the installation and maintenance of landscaping and may include tree planting, retaining walls, and other beautification or land.
- Tree Farm and Nursery. Standard classification code for facilities devoted to growing trees, shrubs, and plants.
- Tree trimming and arborist operations may vary in rules and underwriting from state to state. Contact our Specialist for more information regarding the application of class codes within your state.
Top Carriers for Arborist Insurance Coverage
Liberty Mutual Insurance
A great low-cost solution for arborists with a limited amount of height exposure.
We offer additional insurance lines such as GL and equipment coverage from insurance companies depending on your state, nature of business, and prior losses. Give us a call today to learn more about our Tree and Arborist Programs. Find out if your business qualifies for cheaper workmens comp.
California DBA: I-Shop Online Insurance Agency.