Washington Workers Compensation
We help Washington business owners buycoverage for other states.
Washington Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in Washington.
WA Workers Comp RatesFind your state workers compensation rates and class codes for Washington.
Washington Workers Comp FormsView and complete WA workers compensation forms and applications.
WA Workers Comp InformationFind more information about Washington workers compensation insurance.
Get Started Here !
The state of Washington is one of the four remaining monopolistic states in the country. This means workers compensation insurance can only be purchased through the Washington State Fund. If you are a Washington employer or you are doing work in the state of Washington you will need to contact the Washington Department of Labor and Industries in order to buy workers compensation coverage:
Although Workers Compensation Shop.com can't help employers find coverage in the state of Washington, we often help business owners purchase out-of-state workers comp coverage when they hire or send employees to work in another state. Businesses are required to exclusively purchase workers compensation coverage from the State Fund. If you are an Washington employer doing business outside of the state, or you have employees who live outside of Ohio, please contact one of our Work Comp Specialists at 888-611-7467 to find affordable a workers compensation quotes for other states.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Washington is a Monopolistic State
All workers' comp rates are set each year by DL&I. Workers comp rates in Washington will change each year and become effective on January 1st. Employers will typically receive a notice every December with the new rates for each of their classification codes and any changes to their experience modifier.
Help With Washington Class Codes?
There are about 300 class codes for Washington and insurance rates often vary significantly between employer classification codes. Washington state rates and class codes are published by the Department of Labor and Industries each year. See 2016 Washington State Workers' Compensation Rates.
Multi-State Insurance Quotes
In other non-monopolistic states, most workers comp policies can be written to provide multi-state coverage with other states coverage listed in section 3a on the policy. This endorses other states onto the insurance coverage. Contact us today if you do work outside of Washington or hire employees in other states.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in Washington. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Purchasing Workers Comp Insurance in Washington
2019 Washington Coverage Rules
- All businesses with one or more full or part-time employees are required to obtain workers compensation insurance. Insurance must be purchased from the State Fund.
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners are automatically excluded from workers' compensation insurance by statute, but they can elect to be covered on a policy.
- Corporate Officers and LLC Members are automatically excluded in coverage, but they may elect to be included for coverage on the application for insurance.
- Companies with one or more full or part-time employees are required to purchase workers compensation insurance in Washington.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Business owners, partners, members and officers are generally excluded from workers comp coverage in Washington. The state has limits on the number of owners that can be excluded and the level of control required in order to be considered an owner.
- Business owners can contact an Employer Services Account Manager at DL&I at 360-902-4817