Rhode Island Workers Compensation
We help Rhode Island business owners findmore affordable workers' comp coverage.
Rhode Island Workers Comp ProgramsLearn about Workers Compensation Shop.com programs available in Rhode Island.
RI Workers' Compensation RatesFind your state workers comp rates and class codes for Rhode Island.
Rhode Island Workers Comp FormsView and complete RI workers compensation forms and applications.
RI Workers' Compensation InformationFind more information about Rhode Island workmen's comp insurance.
Get Started Here !
$O Deposit or Minimum Down
We've developed Pay As You Go worker compensation programs that reduce or eliminate premium deposits and allow Rhode Island employers to report and pay premium based on actual payroll wages. Reduce your audit risk.
Lower Monthly Payments
We've negotiated special terms with many of our insurance partners to offer more flexible payment options like 12 equal installments plans and monthly reporting programs to help improve cash flow for our business owners.
RI Work Comp Exemptions
Some exemptions for workers comp in Rhode Island include sole-proprietors, partners, independent contractors, certain real estate agricultural, and domestic employees. Contact the RI Department of Insurance for clarification of rules.
Quote Rhode Island Workers Compensation With Us
Rhode Island Rates
Rates on Workers' Compensation Insurance in the Rhode Island are 7 percent higher than the national average. This makes it very important to ensure your business is taking advantage of every option available to get the best value for your workers comp coverage.
Need Help With Rhode Island Class Codes?
Insurance rates vary significantly between NCCI classification codes. Let our RI Workers Compensation Specialists help you determine your correct workers compensation class codes before you buy a policy. We'll help make sure your business is properly covered.
Faster Workers Comp Quotes
We make the process of getting workers compensation quotes fast and easy. We know your time is valuable. That's why we work harder to streamline the quote process, compare your rates and coverages, and present your best options as quickly as possible. We often have your insurance quotes ready in less than 24 hours.
Shop Over 35 Insurance Carriers
We're a National Agency, and we have tons of carriers offering work comp in Rhode Island. We have access to over 35 insurance companies with a diverse appetite and competitive rates. Our markets know we expect the lowest rates, bigger discounts, and more policy credits when we request a quote.
THE RIGHT QUOTE MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
SHOP COMP LIKE THE
BUSINESS PRO YOU ARE
Purchasing Workers Comp Insurance in Rhode Island
2019 Rhode Island Coverage Information
- Companies with more than four full or part-time employees are required to purchase workers compensation insurance.
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners are excluded from coverage. They can't elect to be covered under a workers' comp policy.
- Most Corporate Officers and LLC Members are automatically included in coverage, but they have the option top be excluded.
- Licensed real estate brokers or salespersons, or licensed real estate appraisers are exempt from coverage, but only if a substantial amount of their payment is for a salary or commission base and payment is not made by the hour.
- Certain exemptions to the workers comp requirement exist including: independent contractors, real estate agents and brokers, agriculture employees and domestic service employees.
2019 Payroll Requirements for Owners
- Sole-Proprietors and Partners are not permitted to buy coverage on themselves (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last changed by the state on 1996).
- Officers and LLC Members who are not excluded from coverage must utilize a minimum annual payroll of $52,000 and a maximum payroll of $202,800 for the purpose of rating workers comp premium (Accurate as of 3/1/2019, last changed by the state on 8/1/2018).