2014 Coverage Requirements
• Companies with five or more full or part-time employees are required to purchase workers comensation insurance.
• Contractors with one or more full or part-time employees are required to buy coverage. Contractors are liable for injuries for uninsured subcontractors.
• Sole proprietors and owners are excluded from coverage unless they elect to be covered
• LLC members and corporate officers are considered employees in Missouri and are inlcluded in coverage. LLC members may elect to reject coverage and must complete a Rejection of Coverage Form.
2014 Payroll Requirments for Owners
• Payroll for owners and officers is $38,000. This applies to sole proprietors, partners, corporate officers, and LLC members.