Restaurant and Bar Insurance
We've got workers compensation carriers with huge appetites for restaurants and bars.
See if your restaurant or bar qualifies for one of our Target Hospitality Programs.
Regardless of which segment of the bar and restaurant industry your business gets classified, we offer access to lower cost programs with a lot of carriers who consider these class codes as a target markets. Some of our insurance companies even offer standard credits and discounts for restaurants and bars. Members of the Restaurant Association may receive a 10% policy credit on their quote.
Have an Agent Contact Me
Restaurant, Bar, and Tavern WC Insurance
Industry Classes Included in Our Restaurant/Bar Programs
- Class Codes
- Brief Business Description of Operations we Cover
- Restaurants with a traditional wait staff often belong in this code unless they can, otherwise, be classified into another code due to unique aspects of their business such the percentage of alcohol sold, catering, entertainment, etc. Traditional restaurants typically have servers who wait on the customer and receive gratuity or tips.
- Fast food restaurant will typically fall under this classification unless state specific rules require an alternate code. These types of restaurants could include standard fast food providers serving hamburgers, tacos, pizza, and sandwiches. Gratuity is generally not expected with fast food.
- Restaurants who receive more than 50% of their revenue from the sale of alcoholic beverages such as beer, wine, or liquor typically belong in the 9084 classification. This class is often used for bars, nightclubs, lounges, taverns, etc.
- Restaurants that are owned or operated in or by hotels will typically fall under class code 9058. For hotels, this code will often includes servers, cooks, kitchen help, bartenders, and managers. It may also include musicians and entertainers.
- Applies in CA, NJ, and OK. May include restaurant or tavern employees located in clubs such as swimming, tennis, and fitness clubs.
- Applies in CA, MA, NJ, OR, and TX. Depending on the state, this code could apply to vending, restaurants, bars, taverns, caterers, dance halls, and hotels.
- Applies to NY only. Includes fast food restaurants.
- Applies to NY only. Includes full service restaurants, buffets, diners, and other establishments providing wait service. May include musicians.
All States except ND, OH, WA, and WY
Pay As You Go Coverage
A Rated Insurance Carriers
New Businesses Accepted
Deductible Plan Options
Lapses in Coverage Accepted
Live Entertainment Included
Risks with Security Limited
More Carriers if Closed by 1AM
Liquor Sales over 50% Approved
Our Top Carriers for Bars and Restaurants
AmTrust offers program rates nationwide and a multi-line discount when you package workers compensation with a Business Owners Policy including liability and property coverage.
First Comp offers very competitive rates on both fast food and fine dining restaurants in many states that other carriers are less competitive.
Fine Dining Restaurants
Fast Food Restaurants
Breweries and Taverns
Bars with Entertainment
Bars with Security Guards
We offer additional quote options from some of our other insurance companies depending on your state, nature of business, and claims experience. Give us a call today to learn more about our programs for bars and restaurants. And to see if your business qualifies for lower cost coverage on workmans comp.
California DBA: I-Shop Online Insurance Agency.