ND Workers Comp Programs
A lot of North Dakota employers need a policy for other states coverage.
North Dakota employers often need workers compensation coverage when they hire employees out-of-state and when they send employees to work in other states.
The state of North Dakota currently has reciprocal agreements for workers compensation with seven surrounding states. These agreements allows ND employees to work in these other states on a temporary basis without buying other-states coverage. The states include Montana, Oregon, Idaho, South Dakota, Utah, and Wyoming. Coverage is not automatic and employers must request approval from WSI before working in any of these states.
We offer national and multi-state workers compensation program in all 46 non-monopolistic states throughout the United States. Contact us for a free quote today.
Get Started Here !
Target Programs for Other State Workers Comp
Buying Workers Comp Insurance in North Dakota
Alabama Owner and Officer Exclusions
Alabama currently allows LLC owners, corporate officers, sole-proprietors, and partners to exclude themselves from workers compensation coverage. Owners may elect annually to be exempt from insurance coverage by filing a written certification of their election with the department and the insurance carrier providing coverage.
Why Shop Alabama Workers Comp?
Alabama's workers' compensation rates have been decreasing for the past few years. However, many insurance companies don't offer maximum discounts to employers who continue to renew coverage year-after-year. The reason is that insurance carriers are always interested in maximizing their own revenue. It's often helpful to shop you coverage when rates are decreasing to ensure your business is getting the very best price on coverage.
Workers compensation is required by law in North Dakota. All ND employers with one or more employee is required to purchase coverage exclusively from Workforce Safety and Insurance.
North Dakota exceptions for workers comp coverage include:
- Independent contractors who complete an Independent Contractor Verification Application via WSI
- Certain laborers related to farming, ranching, domestic workers, and religious worship
- Real estate brokers with written independent contractor agreements
- Children under 22 directly related to employer/owners
- Newspaper delivery when written independent contractor agreement
- Federal and railroad employees
Get Work Comp Quotes
WHAT IF MY INDUSTRY
IS NOT LISTED AS A TARGET?
- More than 35 companies quoting workers comp insurance.
- Programs for standard businesses and tough class codes.
- Start your quote online or call us at 888-611-7467.
California DBA: I-Shop Online Insurance Agency.